Thursday, November 6, 2008

I started looking at Bollywood cinema because it was something I had never seen any examples of; i saw a sequence from K3G (Khabi Khushie Khabi Gham) in lower sixth in a world cinema class: I was interested in dance in Bollywood subsequently leading to the industry being a more succesful aternative to Hollywood which at the same time i didn't know anything about . I originally thought about researching the form of religion and its effect on film, and the different taboos and boundaries that the movies explore. Its clear looking at the films K3G, Devdas & Slumdog Millionaire that Indian films show dance expressing the film narrative. This occurs at emotive parts of the film to depict passion. The first sequence that I looked at was the expression of hidden love where the two lovers intimately connect with one another.

No comments: